We do allow comments however you will have to be logged in as a member to comment. We follow a strict member policy in terms of language used etc and all comments are held for moderation before publishing. We encourage members to comment on the featured organisation website or social media platform.If we receive an expectation to respond to a particular view point we will refer the blogger to the featured site blog to respond there. We are here to support featured organisations and prefer any communications will be addressed by them.
We are a non profit organisation run by volunteers and not classed as a charity. We exist to support all the featured sites here by further promoting their views. To this end we will:-
- Promote and disseminate research and policy supporting marriage and family as foundational to a strong and enduring society
- Educate the public in their understanding of the institutional, legal and moral framework that makes a just and democratic society possible
- Participate promoting social analysis
- Disseminate relevant and stimulating material in newspapers, magazines, and other media
- Be a voice for the family in the internet media
What if a featured or linked site changes its conservative stance?
In the unlikely event that one of these sites or links changes its conservative stance on particular issues we will reserve the right to remove them from the site.
What if I as a conservative disagree with a particular view point?
We have selected the websites based on their overall flavour of conservatism. As has been pointed out, conservatives come in many shapes and it may be unlikely that we will agree on every organisations viewpoint. That is the nature of democracy! If you disagree with a particular sites conservative view then please raise it with them. We are trying to be fair to all social conservative views.
What do you mean by Family?
Principles on Family:
- We affirm that the natural family, not the individual, is the fundamental social unit.
- We affirm the natural family to be the union of a man and a woman through marriage for the purposes of sharing love and joy, raising children, providing their moral education, building a vital home economy, offering security in times of trouble, and binding the generations.
- We affirm that the natural family is a fixed aspect of the created order, one implanted in human nature. Through time it may grow weaker or stronger. However, the natural family cannot change into some new shape; nor can it be re-defined by eager social engineers.
- We affirm that the natural family is the foundational family system. While we acknowledge varied living situations caused by circumstance or dysfunction, all other “family forms” are incomplete or fabrications of the state.
- We acknowledge the tremendous contribution made by single parents and step-parents in society. We wish to ensure they receive appropriate levels of assistance, without denying the clear empirical evidence that the best environment in which to raise children is the natural two-parent, husband-wife family.
- We affirm the marital union to be the authentic sexual bond, the only one open to the natural and responsible creation of new life.
- We affirm the sanctity of human life from conception to death; each newly conceived person holds rights to live, to grow, to be born, and to share a home with his or her natural parents bound by marriage.
- We affirm that the natural family is prior to the state and that the task of government is to shelter and encourage the natural family.
- We affirm that the world is abundant in resources. The breakdown of the natural family and the consequential moral and political failure, not human “overpopulation,” account for poverty, starvation, and environmental decay.
- We affirm that the complementarity of the sexes is a source of strength. Men and women exhibit profound biological and psychological differences. When united in marriage, the whole becomes greater than the sum of the parts.
- We affirm that lasting solutions to human problems rise out of families and small communities. They cannot be imposed by bureaucratic and judicial fiat. Nor can they be coerced by outside force.
Adapted from “The Natural Family: A Manifesto” – World Congress of Families
How are you funded?
We are not funded and want to see a strong voice for families in the media and community.
Any other questions?
Please use our Contact Form to contact us and we will answer your question/s as soon as possible.